General information regarding APW's COVID-19 policies and procedures.
All students and staff must show proof of vaccination. (Applies to all locations EXCEPT Florida where we will also accept a negative test within 72 hours prior to the weekend.)
According to the CDC, you are considered fully vaccinated either 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines) or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). For your vaccination to be valid with APW, you must have received all required doses at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the weekend program.
If you received your vaccine in the U.S., you must provide one of the following proofs of vaccination:
- A picture of your CDC vaccination card from when you received your vaccine
- Official documentation issued by a State vaccine registry
- An official medical record
- A screenshot of an official digital vaccine passport or record
If you received your vaccine outside of the U.S., you must provide one of the following proofs of vaccination:
- An official digital record of the proof of vaccination that you were given when you received your vaccination
- A screenshot of an official digital record
- A picture of the proof of vaccination that you were given when you received your vaccination.
- An official medical record
- APW accepts all 7 vaccinations that are listed on the World Health Organization website. Students who show proof of any of these will be approved to attend our weekend classes. You must show that you have received ALL of the doses of the vaccine to be considered fully vaccinated.
Vaccines accepted include:
- Moderna mRNA-1273
- Pfizer/BioNTech BNT162b2
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) Ad26.COV2.S
- Oxford/AstraZeneca AZD1222
- Serum Institute of India Covishield (Oxford/AstraZeneca formulation)
- Sinopharm (Beijing) BBIBP-CorV (Vero Cells)
- Sinovac CoronaVac
- Bring a facial cover/ mask and be prepared to wear it depending on current state and partner school policies.
Our weekends will always be mask and social distancing friendly. If it is not required, students may choose to wear a mask in any setting and we ask that any personal decision be met with respect and compassion by fellow classmates.
Please take care of yourself and stay mindful of the symptoms of COVID-19. If you happen to test positive for COVID-19, have been exposed to COVID-19, or have other respiratory-illness-related symptoms within 2 weeks of the course start date, please notify our staff right away. You will be eligible to switch to a later course, or to switch to a fully online course, and all switch fees will be waived.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the CDC, certain individuals, including those with underlying medical conditions, are especially vulnerable.